La Cata Cocktail Contest
La Cata is proud and excited to announce our first Cocktail Competition to be held August 19th at the Tasting Room. We are accepting original cocktail recipes based on any 100% agave tequila from bartenders and mixologists from the Tequila Valley region - and the winner will receive a cash prize of $2,000mn!
Below are the competition details. Follow La Cata on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter on our blog as the competition approaches and for results.
Below are the nuts-and-bolts of the event:
- When: August 19th, 5pm
- Where: La Cata Tasting Room, Jalisco
- Competition Rules/Details: La Cata is accepting original cocktail recipes based on any 100% agave tequila from bartenders in the Tequila Valley region
- We will choose the top four entries to enter the competition
- Panel of judges include: legendary local barman Hugo Sánchez,, José Diaz de Sandi, owner of Los Abolengos, Ted Genoways, US author of the forthcoming “Tequila Wars” history of tequila in the 20th century, and Andrés Morán, - Guadalajara cocktail bartender extraordinaire
- The winner will receive a cash prize of $2,000mn, a cocktail course with US mixologist Kami Kenna, and have their cocktail featured on our menu for a month
For questions or more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or inquire at the Tasting Room during normal business hours.
We'll be posting the results and other highlights from the Cocktail Competition after the event so stay tuned!
- The La Cata Team